A staple family favourite in India, egg biryani is a great way to end a long day. Treat yourselves and your family to a satisfying dinner that only requires you to cook ONE dish!
- Boil Double Deer basmati rice in water with some salt.
- Drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Now cut the boiled eggs into two pieces and keep aside.
- Soak some saffron in milk and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms and cinnamon stick. Sauté for few seconds, add green chillies, ginger and garlic, and sauté.
- Add the chopped onion and fry for 2-3 minutes till they are translucent.
- Add the thinly chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook until the oil begins separating. Add lemon juice in between.
- Add yoghurt, mix well and add the boiled eggs.
- Leave only for few seconds before turning off the gas.
- Heat the kadhai and add a little bit of oil, half of the cooked rice and top it with a layer of egg masala.
- Sprinkle the saffron, brown onions, few coriander and mint leaves.
- Spread the biryani masala powder and a tsp of ghee all over.
- Add the remaining rice, the remaining egg masala, brown onions, biryani masala, saffron, coriander and mint leaves, and toss gently.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita.
- 4 eggs (boiled and peeled)
- 1 cup Double Deer basmati rice
- 2 big onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 black cardamom crushed
- 1 green cardamom crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon biryani masala powder
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown onions
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
Get regular recipes!
Connect with us on Facebook and get the first peek into our lip-smacking recipes!