You’ve absolutely got to try this delicious peas pulao. Perfect as an accompaniment to absolutely any gravy, as well as delicious on its own, peas pulao is one of India’s favourite rice concoctions. The mild sweetness of the peas offset by the simple combination of spices.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, green chillies and sauté till the onions are light brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté again.
- Add peas, coriander, mint and rice. Sauté till the water evaporates.
- Add 1 ¾ cup of hot water and 2 tsp salt, and boil.
- Move to a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- 1 cup Double Deer basmati rice (soaked for 20 minutes)
- ¾ cup onions (finely chopped)
- 2 green chillies (slit)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup green peas
- Handful of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Handful of mint leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 2 in cinnamon stick
Get regular recipes!
Connect with us on Facebook and get the first peek into our lip-smacking recipes!