Schezwan Fried Rice
Here’s another restaurant favourite you can learn to make (better) at home, leaving you free to try new things during dinner outings - and also making you really popular with friends and family alike! And it’s easier than you expected, too. You can also try using this Szechwan sauce in a variety of other dishes!
- Grind red chillies, vinegar, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan add the mix.
- Add white pepper, soya sauce, sugar and some water after 2 minutes and cook on low flame till the oil separates. Keep it aside.
- Mix 1 tsp oil with the cooked Double Deer basmati rice.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the ginger and onions and sauté.
- Add the vegetables and fry till they are cooked.
- Add food colour, red chilli sauce, Schezwan sauce and sauté on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables with the basmati rice, add some salt and mix well.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- 1 ½ cups Double Deer basmati rice (cooked)
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (carrot, capsicum, cabbage)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ cup onion (finely chopped)
- A pinch of orange food colour
- ½ tbsp red chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Green onions for garnish
- 4 red chillies (soaked in vinegar for 30 minutes)
- 1 ½ tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp ginger (chopped)
- 2 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
Get regular recipes!
Connect with us on Facebook and get the first peek into our lip-smacking recipes!